經典電影金句

以下是在 Google Reader 上 Major Jie 的分享,挺有意思。啡色字句是梵婗的修改,與原文有點出入。


原文:感悟人生:六部經典電影雙語台詞
作者:不走尋常路 @ 有意思吧

好的電影台詞,如詩,如歌。是多年前看過的一齣戲,記不得男女主人公的名姓,但那句話,卻深印在腦海裡揮之不去。 《肖申克的救贖》、《阿甘正傳》、《獅子王》、《亂世佳人》、《泰坦尼克號》、《西雅圖不眠夜》,六部經典老電影,帶給你別樣的人生感悟。

Shawshank Redemption《肖申克的救贖》:自由

  1. It takes a strong man to save himself, and a great man to save another.
    堅強的人只能救贖自己,偉大的人才能拯救他人。
  2. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.
    希望是美好的,也許是人間至善,而美好的事物永不消逝。
  3. Some birds aren’t meant to be caged, that’s all. Their feathers are just too bright…
    有的鳥是不會被關住的,因為它們的羽毛太美麗了!
  4. I find I’m so excited. I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.
    我發現自己是如此的激動,以至於不能靜靜地坐下來思考。我想只有那些重獲自由即將踏上新征程的人們才能感受到這種即將揭開未來神秘面紗的激動心情。我希望跨越千山萬水握住朋友的手,我希望太平洋的海水如同夢中的一樣藍。我是這樣的希望。
  5. Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free. A strong man can save himself. A great man can save another.
    懦怯囚禁人的靈魂,希望可以令人自由。強者自救,聖者渡人。
  6. Prison life consists of routine, and then more routine.
    監獄生活充滿了一段又一段的例行公事。
  7. These walls are kind of funny like that. First you hate them, then you get used to them. Enough time passed, get so you depend on them. That’s institutionalized.
    監獄裡的高牆實在是很諷刺的。剛入獄的時候,你痛恨周圍的高牆;慢慢地,你習慣了生活在其中;最終你會發現自己不得不依靠它而生存。 這就是體制化。
  8. There’s not a day goes by I don’t feel regret. Not because I’m in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then. Then a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can’t. That kid’s long gone and this old man is all that’s left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It’s just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your form, sorry, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don’t give a shit.
    我無時不刻地對自己的所作所為深感內疚,這不是因為我在這裡(指監獄),也不是你們(指假釋官)認為我該在這裡。回首曾經走過的彎路,我多麼想對那個犯下重罪的愚蠢年輕人說些什麼,告訴他我現在的感受,告訴他還可以有其他的方式解決問題。可是,我做不到了。那個年輕人早已淹沒在歲月的長河裡,只留下個老人孤獨地面對過去。重新做人?騙人罷了!小子,別再浪費我的時間了,蓋你的章吧,我沒什麼可說的了。
  9. I guess it comes down to a simple choice: get busy living or get busy dying.
    生命可以歸結為一種簡單的選擇:要麼忙於生存,要麼趕著去死。

Forrest Gump《阿甘正傳》:命運

  1. His back is as crooked as a politician.
    他的背彎得如政客一般。(此語不僅指出了後背的彎曲,而且順便損了一頓政客的腐敗。一語雙雕。
  2. Life was like a box of chocolate. You never know what you’re gonna get.
    人生就像一盒巧克力,你永遠不知道會嘗到哪種滋味。(為什麼說巧克力而不說棒棒糖呢,因為在美國巧克力通常有十二快或二十四塊,每個都有不同的包裝和口味形狀和顏色,以前沒有標誌。只能拆開放在嘴裡,品嘗了之後才知道個中滋味。)
  3. There is an awful lot you can tell about a person by their shoes where they’re going, where they’ve been.
    通過人家的鞋可以了解別人很多的東西,包括他們向那兒走,從那兒來
  4. You are no different than anybody else is.
    你和別人沒有任何的不同。(阿甘的媽媽從小就給阿甘一種自信
  5. Stupid is as stupid does.
    傻人做傻事。阿甘看似傻人,然而往往是那些自以為是自恃甚高的人做了傻事,所以看一個人是看她的行動而非外表。這是典型的阿甘用語。
  6. We were like peas and carrots.
    豌豆和胡蘿蔔丁,一個圓的,一個方的;一個紅的,一個綠的。它們的共同點雖然沒有太大的味道但營養非常高。故常在美國烹飪時做為主食的點綴,而且它倆都是同時出現。故引申為形影不離。
  7. There must be someing can be done.
    一定有方法的。(不同的與其可以傳遞不同的信息,在電影裡阿甘媽媽側身,眼神裡充滿的誘惑,對校長曖昧地說了這句話。
  8. Miracles happen every day.
    天天都有奇蹟發生。(美國人的宗教信仰。阿甘受的時非常典型的美國教育。
  9. Son-of-bitch.
    狗娘養的、狗崽。(是粗口,用以罵人的。)
  10. Sure as hell was.
    絕對肯定的。(鐵板定釘了,敢以人格擔保的可信,就是這種感覺。
  11. Ain’t I going to be me?
    我不能成為我自己麼,真實的,本色的自我?
  12. Nobody gives a horse’s shit who you are, puss ball.
    沒人在乎你是誰,你這女裡女氣的男人。(明顯的罵人的話。
  13. Get your maggoty ass on the bus.
    滾到車上來!
  14. That is the outstanding answer I’ve ever heard.
    這絕佳的簽案是我從沒聽過的。(用以誇獎別人
  15. Just like that, she was gone.
    就這樣,她走了。阿甘一生最愛的人走了,不知該說什麼,一切僅在不言之中,阿甘有一點點的心酸,有一點點的無奈。但是更多的一種感覺是:上帝的存在。)
  16. I do not know much about it, but I think some of America’s best young men served in this war.
    我不大明白,但我相信很多美國最優秀的壯男都曾參與這場戰爭。(阿甘對戰爭不了解,但他知道美國的新鮮血液都戰死在越南的戰場了。
  17. A little of stinging rain, and big old fat rain.
    牛毛細雨,瓢泊大雨。
  18. There ain’t something you can find just around the corner.
    這裡不是在轉角就找到點東西的。(形容地方偏僻,到處都沒有什麼東西。
  19. The secret to this game is, no matter what happens, never, ever take your eye off the ball.
    這遊戲的秘訣在於無論發生甚麼事,雙眼絕對永遠不能離開個球。(為了表達“永遠”的口氣,口語中重復 never 和 ever 這對相反詞。)
  20. Nothing just happens. It’s all part of a plan.
    沒有事情隨隨便便發生,都是計劃的一部分。(宿命論!)
  21. Army’s value = loyalty, duty, respect, selfless, service honor, integrity, personal courage.
    陸軍的價值觀 =忠誠,責任,尊重,無私,服務榮譽,正直,個人勇氣。(美國軍人的七項素質。每個單詞的首個字母連起來就是 LDRSHIP,即領導才能 leadship。
  22. There is one small step for a man, a giant leap for mankind.
    某人的一小步可以是人類的一大步。
  23. A promise is a promise.
    承諾就是承諾。(意即必須信守承諾。阿甘信守了承諾,最後也得到了最好的回報。)
  24. I am a man of my word.
    我是信守我承諾的人。
  25. Where the hell is this God of yours?
    TMD你的上帝在哪裡?
  26. There is only so much of fortune a man really neads and the rest is just for showing off.
    一個人真正需要的財富就那麼一點點,其餘的都是用來炫耀的。正應了中國的古話:縱有廣廈千間,夜眠三尺之地。
  27. You got to go when you got to go.
    你必須去的時候就必須去。(意指:不得不去的時候就不得不去。可以指去洗手間,或是一些被迫要去的地方。)
  28. Shit happens!
    不好的事情會經常發生。
  29. You have got to put the past behind you before you can move on.
    你必須放下包袱,方可繼續前進。
  30. It was like just before the sun goes to bed down on the bayou. There was a million sparkles on the river.
    就像太陽在落山前映射在河口上,有無數的亮點在閃閃發光。
  31. If there is anything you need, I will not be far away.
    如你有任何需要,我就在左近。(用情至專!
  32. It’s my time. It’s just my time. Oh, now, don’t you be afraid, sweetheart. Death is just a part of life, something we’re all destined to do. I didn’t know it. But I was destined to be your momma. I did the best I could.
    (甘母:)是時候了,是輪到我的時候了。我的寶貝,你現在別害怕,死亡是生命的一部分,是我們注定要去做的一件事。我不知道怎麼回事,但我注定是你的媽媽,我盡了我的能力做到最好。

Lion King 《獅子王》:成長

  1. Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance.
    世界上所有的生命都在微妙的平衡中生存。
  2. I laugh in the face of danger.
    越危險就越合我心意。
  3. I’m only brave when I have to be. Being brave doesn’t mean you go looking for trouble.
    我只是在必要的時候才會勇敢,勇敢並不代表你要到處闖禍。
  4. When the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world.
    如果這個世界對你不理不睬,你也可以這樣對待它。
  5. It’s like you are back from the dead.
    好像你是死而復生似的。
  6. You can’t change the past.
    過去的事是不可以改變的。
  7. Yes, the past can hurt. But I think you can either run from it or learn from it.
    對,過去是痛楚的,但我認為你要麼可以逃避,要麼可以從中學習。
  8. This is my kingdom. If I don’t fight for it, who will?
    這是我的國土,我不為她而戰鬥,誰來為她戰鬥呢?
  9. Why should I believe you? Everything you ever told me was a lie.
    我為何要相信你?你過去所說的一切都是謊話。
  10. I’ll make it up to you, I promise.
    我會補償你的,我保證。

Gone with The Wind 《亂世佳人》:堅強

  1. Land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for. Because it’s the only thing that lasts.
    土地是世界上唯一值得你去為之工作,為之戰鬥,為之犧牲的東西,因為它是唯一永恆的東西。
  2. Whatever comes, I’ll love you, just as I do now until I die.
    無論發生什麼事,我都會像現在一樣愛你,直到永遠。
  3. I think it’s hard winning a war with words.
    我認為紙上談兵沒什麼作用。
  4. Sir, you’re no gentleman. And you miss are no lady.
    先生,你可真不是個君子。小姐,你也不是什麼淑女。
  5. I never give anything without expecting something in return. I always get paid.
    我做任何事不過是為了有所回報,我總要得到報酬。
  6. In spite of you and me and the whole silly world going to pieces around us, I love you.
    哪怕是世界末日我都會愛著你。
  7. I love you more than I’ve ever loved any woman. And I’ve waited longer for you than I’ve waited for any woman.
    我從沒有像愛你一樣愛過任何一個女人。我也從沒有像等你那樣等過任何一個女人。
  8. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill, as God as my witness, I’ll never be hungry again!
    即使讓我撒謊、去偷、去騙、去殺人,上帝作證,我再也不要挨餓了。
  9. Now I find myself in a world which for me is worse than death. A world in which there is no place for me.
    現在我發現自己活在一個比死還要痛苦的世界,一個無我容身之處的世界。
  10. You’re throwing away happiness with both hands, and reaching out for something that will never make you happy.
    你把自己的幸福拱手相讓,去追求一些根本不會讓你幸福的東西。
  11. Home. I’ll go home. And I’ll think of some way to get him back. After all, tomorrow is another day.
    家,我要回家。我要想辦法讓他回來。不管怎樣,明天又是全新的一天。

TITANIC《泰坦尼克號》:際遇

  1. Outwardly, I was everything a well-brought up girl should be. Inside, I was screaming.
    外表看,我是個教養良好的小姐骨子裡,我很反叛。
  2. There is nothing I couldn’t give you, there is nothing I would deny you, if you would not deny me. Open you’re heart to me.
    如果你不違背我,你要什麼我就能給你什麼,你要什麼都可以。把你的心交給我吧。
  3. What the purpose of university is to find a suitable husband.
    讀大學的目的是找一個好丈夫。
  4. Remember, they love money. So just pretend like you own a goldmine and you’re in the club.
    記著:他們愛財。只要你裝得很有錢的樣子他們就會跟你套近乎。
  5. All life is a game of luck.
    生活本來就全靠運氣。
  6. I love waking up in the morning and not knowing what’s going to happen, or who I’m going to meet, where I’m going to wind up.
    我喜歡早上起來時一切都是未知的,不知會遇見什麼人,會有什麼樣的結局。
  7. I figure life is a gift and I don’t intend on wasting it. You never know what hand you’re going to get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you.
    我覺得生命是一份禮物,我不想浪費它你不會知道下一手牌會是什麼,要學會接受生活。
  8. To make each day count.
    要讓每一天都有所值。
  9. We’re women. Our choices are never easy.
    我們是女人,我們的選擇從來就不易。
  10. You jump, I jump.
    你跳,我就跟著跳。
  11. Will you give us a chance to live?
    能不能給我們留一條生路?
  12. God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death. Neither shall there be sorrow or dying, neither shall there be any more pain, for the former world has passed away.
    上帝擦去他們所有的眼淚。死亡不再有,也不再有悲傷和生死離別,不再有痛苦,因往事已矣。
  13. You’re going to get out of here. You’re going to go on and you’re going to make lots of babies and you’re going to watch them grow and you’re going to die an old, an old lady, warm in your bed. Not here. Not this night. Not like this.
    你一定會脫險的,你要活下去,生很多孩子,看著他們長大。你會安享晚年,安息在溫暖的床上,而不是今晚在這裡,不是像這樣的死去。

Sleepless in Seattle《西雅圖不眠夜》:緣分

  1. Work hard! Work will save you. Work is the only thing that will see you through this.
    努力工作吧!工作能拯救你。埋頭苦幹可令你忘記痛楚。
  2. You make millions of decisions that mean nothing and then one day your order takes out and it changes your life.
    你每天都在做很多看起來毫無意義的決定,但某天你的某個決定就能改變你的一生。
  3. Destiny takes a hand.
    命中注定。
  4. You know, you can tell a lot from a person’s voice.
    從一個人的聲音可以知道他是怎樣的人。
  5. People who truly loved once are far more likely to love again.
    愛過的人較容易再戀愛。
  6. You know it’s easier to get killed by a terrorist than get married over the age of 40.
    你知道,女人過了40 出嫁的機會比恐怖分子殺死還要低
  7. You are the most attractive man I ever laid ears.
    你是我聽過的最帥的男士。
  8. Why would you want to be with someone who doesn’t love you?
    為什麼留戀一個不愛你的人?
  9. When you’re attracted to someone it just means that your subconscious is attracted to their subconscious, subconsciously. So what we think of as fate, is just two neuroses knowing they’re a perfect match.
    當你被某個人吸引時,那只是意味著你倆在潛意識裡相互吸引。因此,所謂命運,就只不過是兩個瘋子認為他們自己是天造一對,地設一雙。
  10. Everybody panics before they get married.
    每個人婚前都會緊張的。
  11. Your destiny can be your doom.
    命運也許會成為厄運。
  12. The reason I know this and you don’t is because I’m younger and pure. So I’m more in touch with cosmic forces.
    之所以我知道而你不知道是因為我年幼純潔,比較能接觸宇宙的力量。
  13. I don’t want to be someone that you’re settling for. I don’t want to be someone that anyone settles for.
    我不你將就,也不要任何人將就
  14. What if something had happened to you? What if I couldn’t get to you? What would I have done without you? You’re my family. You’re all I’ve got.
    要是你出了事怎麼辦?要是我找不到你怎麼辦?如果沒有你我該怎麼辦?你是我的家人,你是我的一切。

16 thoughts on “經典電影金句”

  1. 《阿甘正传》和《肖申克的救赎》是我最喜欢的两部电影,很多对白都很经典,能给人以共鸣

Leave a Reply to 梵婗 Fanny Lawren Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *